(See first half commentary here.)
2. Griffin passes well, too. Drove baseline, drew a defender and zipped it to a cutting Jordan, who was fouled. I think Blake is a better rookie than Karl Malone was. Complete package and just terrifying.
3. Hayward just hit a nice 3-pointer after missing his previous four shots. I dunno... still don't see him sticking in the league.
4. Griffin with another fantastic pass in the paint. If he's going to be an elite passer in addition to what he already is? He's going to destroy the league.
5. Hayward hits another 3. Nice, high, arcing shot. I am motivating Jazz players left and right.
6. Just had a discussion with my in-laws about when Griffin will start getting superstar calls. I say soon, as in this season.
7. Jefferson hits another pretty turnaround one-hander from the baseline. I'm going to badmouth him more often.
8. Eric Gordon hits from long range from the corner. Only shooting 33% from there on the season, but he's definitely a shooter. Clippers have nice pieces. Did I already say that?
9. Jazz just had about four shots in a row blocked inside. Interior defense is another good piece.
10. Deron for three from a foot or so behind the line. Need more of that from him. 36% from there on the season. Gotta pick it up a bit.
11. Another block, this time on Memo's shot. That's two the Turk has had sent back already. I like it when he drives, but too often that leads to him getting embarrassed. No hops.
12. Hayward hits another jumper to give the Jazz a 76-70 lead. Boy, is he terrible.
13. Clipper offense looking disorganized. Jazz took the lead and L.A. seemed to fall apart. Coaching? Vinny Del Negro doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
14. For as well as Fes played in the first half, he's yet to make an appearance in the second, and there's only 44 seconds left in the third quarter. Jefferson hits what is basically a set shot to give the Jazz a 79-70 lead.
15. Memo misses a three from the corner, hustles to get his own board and banks it off the glass with three seconds left in the quarter. Jazz up 11.
16. Blake with only three points in the third quarter, all from the free throw line.
17. Eric Bledoe for three. Another shooter for the Clippers. Jazz only up four, 81-77.
18. Ronnie Price sneaks in for an offensive board amongst the trees, and puts a missed Memo shot back in. Dang.
19. Blake with a nice block on an attempted Price layup, Hayward cleans it up for two more. The rookie with another three two plays later. Coming out party for Gordon? 15 points on 5-10 shooting so far.
20. Clippers settling for a lot of long-range shots right now. Jazz pulling away as Jefferson hits another shot. Utah up 13. Jefferson scores another, with harm, next time down the court. 26 points for Al to go with nine rebounds. Jazz 93-79.
21. Griffin trying to bring the Clippers back on his own. Don't think it's going to happen.
22. Baron for three, cuts the lead to nine with 5:22 left. Enough time?
23. Nope. Jefferson with another shot.
24. Griffin with a jaw-dropping spin move into a pretty push shot. Cannot guard him one-on-one.
25. Millsap and Griffin get tangled up on a rebound and earn a double technical. I think that was a bit of a hasty call from the ref. They were about to get up and run back down the court after exchanging a couple shots. Let it go.
26. Gordon feeling it, hits another jumper off a pass from Jefferson. Can he do this consistently? Or is this a Clippers thing?
27. Millsap with a fadeaway jumper on the baseline over Griffin to give him 12 points and 9 boards. Amazing when that kind of performance is kind of an afterthought. Jazz looking good.
28. Griffin almost gets his head stuck in the rim on an alley-oop from Baron. What more can you say?
29. Jazz up 99-90 with 2:00 to play. Since young T-Mac is not in the arena, I'd say the lead is safe.
30. Jefferson swallows up a Griffin inside shot, sends Blake to the ground. Ballgame.
31. Jefferson with the dagger. Hits a fadeaway in the paint for his 31st point to push the lead to 11, 103-92.
32. Griffin hits a three with 12 seconds left. Nice wrist flick, nothing ugly about that. Meaningless shot, but still.
Ho hum, yet another come-from-behind win for the Jazz. They love doing this, and it worries me. If the habit continues into the playoffs, watch for an early exit.
Deron finished with a fairly pedestrian 16 and 7 with five turnovers.
Jefferson with 31 and 10, 59% from the field and perfect from the line.
Fesenko never got back on the floor after halftime. Kind of a disappointment.
A good road win against a recently surging Clippers team. Nice way to come back from a disappointing loss to the Blazers in Salt Lake earlier this week.
Are these running commentary posts any fun? Let me know if you want to see more.