(Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News)
Taysom sure proved me wrong, eh? He went from overthrowing receivers by 15 yards to dropping perfectly thrown footballs directly into the hands of a streaking Mitch Matthews for touchdowns.
I don't know how he figured out how to put some touch on the ball, or lead a receiver, but he did. If it sticks, BYU has itself a quarterback.
Other thoughts from Friday's game:
1. I feel bad for Chuckie. Dude's a gamer, and losing the rest of the season is a tragedy.
2. The defense played out of their minds, even against the backup QB. Lots of pass breakups, which was good to see.
3. KVN is a robot of some kind.
4. Bronco is the worst at developing backup quarterbacks. The game was well in hand at the start of the fourth quarter, yet Taysom remained in there, taking hits he didn't need to take. Ammon finally came in very late, handed the ball off a few times, and went home. If Taysom ever goes down with an injury this year, and we have to rely on a completely unproven Ammon, with zero live balls thrown, I'm not going to be pleased.
5. The offensive line was a sieve more often than not. That's gotta change.
Anyway, convincing win in a game I thought BYU would lose. On to Georgia Tech!
1 year ago