06 December 2008

Obama = FDR?


From the Chicago Tribune:

President-elect Barack Obama on Saturday pledged to launch the biggest public works program since the construction of the interstate highway system in the 1950s as part of his plan to create millions of new jobs and stem an economic tailspin that is growing worse by the day.

"We need action, and action now," Obama said in a weekly address broadcast on radio and posted as a YouTube video.

It is now official. Obama is the second coming of FDR.

Whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on your personal interpretation.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I heard because of all the things FDR did it actually LENGTHENED the great depression, not ended it early. I feel this will happen with Obama as well, but whatever. I'll have to check my sources on that though.

MooKooJoe said...

My personal interpretation