23 February 2009

When will I learn?


I have got to stop making sports predictions. I famously decried the 2008 NBA draft as being "exceptionally weak" last summer, and it turns out I was way off.

This exhaustively researched article on draftexpress.com thoroughly proves that not only is the 2008 class better than the 2007 class, but that it is "perhaps the most astonishing first-year class in the last three decades."

And I'd have to agree, at least so far. Players like Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook and OJ Mayo are doing much better than I expected. Brook Lopez is light-years ahead of where I placed him after watching his performances in the Rocky Mountain Revue last summer. The draft features real contributors far down into the second round.

However, I believe Kevin Durant is and will end up being far better than anyone in the 2008 class. The kid has been absolutely tearing it up lately, and he's only 20 years old.

Bookmark this post for when Durant is out of the league and Kevin Love wins his third championship in five years.

No comments: