08 August 2008

Hooray, it's the Olympics!


So the opening ceremonies for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing took place today at 8:08 p.m., Beijing time, or 6:08 a.m. Mountain Time.

Which means they went down about 10 hours ago. Did you enjoy watching them on NBC?

Yeah, me neither. Apparently NBC has decided to tape-delay the broadcast for the ceremonies at 5:30 p.m., Mountain Time.

That's almost 12 hours after the ceremonies originally aired.

Touchdown, NBC. I realize you want to get the best ratings possible, but why not air them live on 6 a.m. and then rebroadcast at 6 p.m.? I doubt this morning's episode of The Today Show was so scintillating it couldn't be replaced by a singularly unique event that we'll never see again.

Anyway, I might blog about some of the events along the way. Right now I'm not too interested in anything outside of the basketball, but I could get sucked into something like swimming or track and field.

2 comments:

Nicholas G. James said...

Man the olympics are cool. I'm watching them right now and they are doing this cool drumming thing

Josh said...

yes, it was awesome. They are really talented. The US swept fencing.