10 November 2008

Thanks, Wizards


My evil plan worked; I managed to pick up a correct prediction last week (my first and only of the period) by picking against the Wizards. Washington fell to the Magic 106-81 Saturday in a game that wasn't close at any time. Hint: when Nick Young is your leading scorer (20 points), things are not going well for your team.

To start off this week, I'm looking at Raptors at Celtics. Toronto is one of this year's darlings, and ranked in the top ten in most Power Rankings I've read. The defending champs are 6-1, but manage to turn the ball over once every five possessions this season, which is a little disturbing.

Bosh is averaging 26 points per game; he's essentially carrying the team since Jermaine O'Neal has been MIA more often than not in 2008. Gee, who saw that coming? KG's numbers are down, and Ray Allen has been stone cold (for him), but the Celtics keep winning thanks to their increasingly well-known defense.

I see Boston winning this game. Kevin Garnett may wear down over the course of the season, but until he does, the Celtics are still a force to be reckoned with, especially at home.

Boston 94, Toronto 89

0-0 on the week, 3-11 on the season

In other news, not only is Deron out for another couple weeks, but Mehmet Okur is in Turkey with his ailing father for an undetermined amount of time. After dropping one to the Knicks Sunday, the Jazz really can't afford the loss of another starter at this point. Their next four games, all on the road, are as follows: Philly, Washington, Charlotte and Cleveland.

Now even without Deron, I'd feel pretty good about the first three games. None of those teams are showing any fire this season, but without Okur, I'm not sure how well Utah will perform. At this point I see them splitting, winning at Washington and Charlotte and losing to Philly and the Cavs.

Come back soon, D-Will.

And for those of you snickering at how poorly I'm doing with my Pick of the Night gimmick, feel free to leave your own predictions in the comments.

No comments: