01 November 2008

Saturday is a special day...


I love Saturdays in the fall. College football all day and into the night, and NBA games to boot. BYU at Colorado State in progress as I type and the Jazz play at the Clippers later. 

Turns out I got my first correct NBA prediction last night, but it took overtime. The Raptors squeaked out a home win against the hapless Warriors, and almost lost it in regulation. Phew.

Tonight I'm picking Portland at Phoenix. Both teams have looked good at times and not so good at times in this young season. Portland beat San Antonio at home last night by one, and Phoenix beat the Spurs by five in San Antonio on Wednesday. 

I watched most of the Blazers/Spurs game, and Brandon Roy looked nigh unstoppable at times. Of course, he was playing point on offense and had Tony Parker on him, but he was draining long jumper after long jumper at important moments. Aldridge showed more range than I thought he had, draining a 3 in the fourth quarter and then hitting the game-winning shot from 22 feet out straightaway. 

I'm interested to see how Aldridge and Przybilla will handle Amare and Shaq (and vice versa). Will Nash rebound from his seven-turnover performance against New Orleans? 

If Portland was at home, I'd take them. But on the road... and Phoenix wanting to forget their loss to the Hornets... I'm taking the Suns for this one. 

Portland 98, Phoenix 108

1-5 on the week, 1-5 on the season

No comments: