07 July 2008

More on Craig

I've been directed to Craig's blog. He didn't post much, but he did write the story of how he lost his hand. For those interested, the link is below.

WARNING: The link includes a graphic image of his hand post-explosion, but pre-amputation. If you're squeamish you may want to abstain.

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE A BLOWN-UP HAND.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I just wanted to highlight some of the better parts of his post.

1. His decision to never let himself become a victim, made just a couple hours after losing his hand. It is apparent that that moment was pivotal for the upcoming months.

2. The quote "I discovered that things are only as awkward as you make them. People were way cool about it when they realized that I was comfortable with myself." That is a realization everyone needs to make. I wish I had made this discovery sooner in my life, and still struggle with it sometimes.

3. I loved "
If life gives you a hook, become a pirate enthusiast!" Genius. Just a microcosm of his outlook on life.

I don't want to harp on this too much, but I did want to share more about what made Craig such a great individual.

No comments: