30 January 2008

McCain wins Florida, appears to be frontrunner


So things didn't go as I hoped Monday night.

McCain won with 35% of the vote, while Romney came in second with 31%.

I don't want to turn this into a whine-fest, but I honestly cannot see what Republican voters like about the senator.

He supports amnesty for illegals, he co-sponsored a bill restricting free speech and he is against the Bush tax cuts.

So go figure. I get the feeling whoever the Dems send out is gonna win this thing come November.

And maybe we deserve it.

6 comments:

Jimmy said...

Obama won the 2008 election the second Romney lost Florida.

Anonymous said...

Well, we can't be completely sure about that. Did you watch the debate tonight?

I thought so at first, but Romney isn't out of this yet. Super Tuesday is gonna' be big for Romney I think.

*Aliese* said...

You may not believe this, but there really are worse things that could happen...A Democrat becoming the president isn't the end of the world! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the majority of Americans are tired of the current administration and blame many of their woes (some rightfully so) on Bush. Dems and many Reps alike want something different and McCain is certainly different. He has never been your typical Republican and I think that is what appeals to these voters. For Reps who don't approve of what Bush has done but can't bring themselves to vote for a Dem just to go in a different direction find McCain appealing for that very reason. Romney, in many respects, is similar to Bush and that may be what is turning voters off about him.

Heather O said...

Personally, I would vote for Bush again. He is a true conservative and so is Romney. McCain will never be in that category no matter how many ways he tries to say it. True, there are worse things than a democrat being the president of the united states but not many.;)

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong in this, but I personally believe that the main thing that is turning off people about Romney, is that he is Mormon. That's all it boils down too in reality. That's the way I feel about it at least.

And what is so wrong with Bush?