29 December 2007

Jazz trade Giricek for Korver

Wow, am I ever surprised by this trade. It's been apparent for years that Giricek doesn't get along with Sloan, and though I think Giri is a good shooter, I've never been much of a fan of his. It was so widely known that the Jazz were not happy with Giricek that I'm surprised Utah got anyone for him.

So for the Jazz to get Korver, one of the best shooters in the league, for him makes me happy. Even though his numbers are down, Korver will still help clear some space down low for Boozer to work. He hit 132 3-pointers last year, while shooting 44% from the field (43% from the 3) and 91% from the line. The field-goal percentage especially is impressive for someone who shoots so many 3's.

I think this is a great trade for Utah, and Korver will help the Jazz get back on track.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Alright, now the Sixers will suck even more!