21 December 2007

Victory!

Thanks to a tip from a poster on Cougarboard.com, I found out the Orem Target had six Wii's available as of 12:59 p.m.

Quickly estimating how long it'd take to get there (distance, road conditions, traffic, how long they'd last), I decided to go for it.

I hopped in my car and took a main route to the store.

I luckily guessed the correct entrance to get to their Electronics section and ran over there. Sitting on a check-out counter in there were two Wii's. A lady on a cell phone had just called for one, so I made eye contact with one of the guys and told him I had the other one, hoping none of the other guys in the area had already done so.

No one had, so it was mine!

It's a game of seconds, I tell you. Ten seconds earlier at Toys R' Us this morning or ten seconds later at Target today would have made all the difference.

I don't know how people do this every year. Parents who spend days and weeks searching for the must-have gift for their kids every Christmas are insane.

Heck, I only spent about 24 hours looking for a Wii before I found one, and I'm still stressing.

Wow, I'm a whiner. :)

Anyway, I'm excited to play with my wife and siblings. I've got five little brothers, four under 15, so it should be fun.

No comments: